Dhaka, Bangladesh – Denim Expert Limited, a Bangladesh-Netherlands joint venture operating in the Chittagong-based Karnaphuli Export Processing Zone, will organize a two-day ‘Bangladesh Denim Expo’ in Dhaka on November 11-12, 2014, organizers said quotes Bangla News 24.
The aim of the expo is to showcase Bangladeshi denim brands to the global market and to make Bangladesh a ‘one-stop sourcing platform’ for denim, Mostafiz Uddin, managing director of Denim Expert Limited said.
The non-profit initiative would create a platform for Bangladeshi denim makers, and help them yield greater brand value in the global market, he said.
Organizers are expecting good participation from apparel entrepreneurs and other industry stakeholders from the US, Europe and several Asian countries at the ‘Invite Only’ event.
Bangladesh is currently the second-largest country which exports denim to Europe and third largest in exports to the US.
At present, there are 25 denim fabric manufacturers in Bangladesh, who meet about 40 percent of the domestic demand and the remaining 60 percent is imported. Bangladesh earns around US$ 600 million per annum form denim exports to the global market.